Tuesday, October 02, 2007

For the Beauty of the Earth . . .

I thought I would share a few of the pictures that I took during our Timp Cave adventure. Even though I'm still a little stiff three days later, it was a pretty great way to spend a Saturday.


I took these first two from the trail. The first one as we were hiking up; the second one from right outside the cave exit as it was starting to drizzle. I never cease to be amazed at the beauty that surrounds us in Utah. This view is about a 20 minute drive and a "short" hike from my front door. During the year that we lived in Texas, it was these mountains that I missed the most (besides my family and friends, of course).

After we hiked for about 40 minutes, Adam caught his first glimpse of the cave entrance. His comment? "Holy crap! It's still wayyyyy up there!" Evidently his mom needs to come up with better phrases for him to repeat.

He obviously found the energy to continue though, even when we offered him a bench to rest for a minute.
Inside the cave it was really great. The first shot is what they call the heart of Timpanogos. The tour guide turned on a red light that slowly flashed off and on and made the "heart" look like it was beating. Adam ruined the illusion for everybody though when he declared "I know how that works! There's a light behind it."


Once we started back down the trail, Adam appeared to become even more energized. He wanted to climb on everything and he became overly fascinated with how high up we were. Needless to say, Phil went straight into dad-mode and Adam held mom or dad's hand most of the way back down.



I say once again, I never cease to be amazed by the beauty that surrounds us. In addition to everything else that He is, I think that Heavenly Father must be an artist.

0 comments: