Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Life with two boys . . .

. . . is kicking my butt!! But we are all having a great time. Adam is slowly adjusting to having Noah in the house and I actually think he's going to survive the big change. Even more importantly, I think he's going to allow Noah to survive the change. Yesterday he brought home a Thanksgiving picture that he made in school and it had a list of things that he is thankful for. Right there on the list next to rootbeer, Picachu, temples, friends, and turkeys was brother. Mom and dad didn't make the list, but brother did which makes me very happy. That's definitely one thing that is on my list of things to be grateful for.


Noah is doing great. He's such a happy kid and even when he gets upset (usually because of the food issue) it never lasts for long. He and I have been spending a lot of time together and he appears to be liking the idea that I'm his mom and he's my kid. Last night he actually cried when I left the house which brought a big smile to my face. Not that I want him to cry, but it warmed my heart to see that it mattered to him. I'm not sure if me leaving or him not leaving with me was the bigger issue, but he was clearly upset that I was going.

I still haven't been able to get a stool sample so the parasite intrigue continues. Yesterday after a very unsuccessful attempt that I would rather not describe, I prepped him again and put his diaper on. In an effort to encourage some bowel activity, I then placed him in his bed and left the room with a cocky smile thinking that the ordeal would soon be over. Imagine my surprise when he didn't make a sound when I laid him down. I just attributed that to the certainty that he must have decided to skip the brief crying that always precedes the bedtime pooping and immediately get down to business. Imagine my even greater surprise when I walked back into his room about three minutes later to check on his progress and found him sleeping like a log. Whut??!? That was honestly the first time since he has been home that he hasn't thrown a royal fit upon being placed in his bed. Sooooo, no stool sample. I swear, the kid is working me.

We are headed north for Thanksgiving dinner with Phil's family and an overnight stay with my family. There is much food to be eaten and post-Thanksgiving shopping to be done. Hopefully I will find that computer deal that I have been waiting for.

0 comments: