Thursday, June 04, 2009

Can you say "overly dramatic"

A conversation between Adam and I about two hours ago:

Me: Boys, get in the car. We need to run to the store.
Adam: What for?
Me: I need to pick up some milk and a couple of things for dinner tonight.
Adam: Awwwwwww . . . . I HATE going to the store.
Me: Get in the car. Let's go.
Adam: Maaaannn!
Me: I'm just getting a couple of things. We won't do the real shopping until tomorrow.
Adam: Tomorrow?
Me: Yeah. We'll get everything else we need tomorrow.
Adam: Mom! Don't you know that it's my summer break??!?

Is it all men, or just my three that hate the store, any store, that much? I can get them into Costco with the promise of free samples once in awhile, but everything else is painful - for me as much as for them if they go with me.

0 comments: