Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Haiti is in his blood

This is the conversation that happened immediately following the opening of the blinds at our house this morning:

Me: (with some excitement) Hey boys, it’s starting to snow!

Silence from the other room and then . . .

Noah: NOT AGAIN! I hate it when it snows again and again and again and I hate it and it’s FREEZING COLD and I hate it when it snows every single day, and it better stop snowing because I hate it and it makes me cold . . . (and he keeps talking with that general sentiment without taking a breath until Adam interrupts)

Adam: But Noah, it didn’t snow yesterday and it didn’t snow the day before that or the day before that.

Noah: Uh-huh it did and it's cold in the snow.

Adam: But the snow is almost all melted because it hasn't snowed for awhile.

Noah: Yeah it did, at my school.

Adam: You didn’t even go to school.

Noah: Well . . . I still HATE it.

Clearly our little Noah would have chosen a family in a warmer climate if given the opportunity. Good thing it wasn't up to him. I haven't had the heart to break it to him that this winter is just getting started.

Fortunately, we have lots of hot cocoa (heavy on the marshmallows) in mugs bigger than their heads to help take the bite out of the Utah cold.


2 comments:

Lori said...

Noah's my kind of kid! Not sure why we stay here.... oh, right... this is where our family and our jobs are. :-)

Nathan said...

I guess I need to move to Haiti.

You know my aversion to snow already. I hate having to go out and move something off my sidewalk. It's the mess I didn't even create.