Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm sooooo tired.

Just so you know, if you ever decide to send your 4-year-old to bed exceptionally early because he was being exceptionally naughty you can pretty much expect that he will also wake up exceptionally early with a solid determination to be as close to you as he can possibly be, even though you are still trying to sleep and even though his dad was awake and willing to entertain him in other parts of the house. And here's some advice, don't convince yourself that it's a good idea to stay up exceptionally late yourself on the same night that your 4-year old goes to bed early. You. Will. Regret. It.


The waking up early wasn't so shocking. The laying in bed next to me and pulling out my gray hairs while telling me that he really, really, really wants me to wake up was a little out of character, even for Noah. I'm telling you, the kid is brilliant and I'm 100% certain that the early wake-up call for me was in direct response to last night's early bedtime for him. The hair plucking and begging went on for about a half hour while I resisted. And no, I didn't yell at him. And yes, I did hug and kiss him after I finally managed to open my eyes and he told me that I was beautiful. I'm not completely dead inside.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Keep blogging dear, I hve forgotten so many "fun" and "unique" things that happened when you were little. So keep it up, I would love to have some reminders. Love you,

Nathan said...

And the mother of the year award goes to ...

:)