Monday, April 04, 2011

Ode to Scooby

A conversation that I had with Adam while driving to Salt Lake City with him this afternoon:

Adam: When did Cleopatra live?
Me: I'm not sure. Write it down and we will look it up when we get home.
Adam: In the 1600's?
Me: Way before then.
Adam: When? In the 1000's?
Me: Before then too, but I really don't know exactly when. Write it down.
Adam: Who was Cleopatra anyway?
Me: She was a queen in Egypt. How do you know about Cleopatra anyway?
Adam: How do you think? I learned about her the same place I learn most things.
Me: At school?
Adam: No. Scooby-Doo.

Nice.

And in case you are wondering, according to Adam's research, Cleopatra lived from 69 B.C. to 30 B.C.

And, in case you are also wondering, Utah has 43 state parks and Albert Einstein died in 1955 due to internal bleeding following a ruptured aortic aneurysm. Since Adam didn't really care to read further to find out what exactly an aortic aneurysm is, and he didn't want to slow down enough to pronounce it correctly, he reported to his dad that Einstein's cause of death was simply internal bleeding. Good enough.

5 comments:

Britney said...

Funny. I laughed out loud and then my roommate laughed at me.

Ryan and Angela said...

I wonder how much of my kids knowledge comes from Scooby Doo...probably too much.

Hot Mom said...

I am sad to admit that way too much of my little kids education comes from Hannah Montana, iCarly, Wizards of Waverly Place, etc. That is the problem with having a much older sibling.

Hot Mom said...

P.S. Good to see you at such a happy place!!

Grandma said...

I sure love those boys.....