Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Brothers

Since my trip to Haiti to file our I600 is fast approaching, we decided that we needed to find a couple of things that we could take for Noah. I thought a stuffed animal of some sort would be fun, so I took Adam to Kohl's to let him pick something out. It just so happens that they had stuffed dinosaurs on the day that we went. Adam chose a Long-neck (that would be a Brontosaurus for all of you Land Before Time novices) and we got in the check-out line. Adam insisted on holding it until it was our turn to pay, and then he stepped up and put it on the counter. As the cashier picked it up she asked him if it was his. His response put a huge grin on my face. He said "No. It's for my brother. He's in Haiti and my mom is going to take it to him." Adam talks about Noah regularly, mostly to ask when he is coming, but that was the first time that I have ever heard him refer to Noah as his brother. It makes me really happy to see that Adam is rolling with all of this.

None of us are under any illusions that it's going to be completely smooth sailing once Noah joins us; and we know that Adam really has no idea how much his world is going to be turned upside down before too long, but I really think that he is going to be great. He's such a good boy, and I know he's going to be a wonderful big brother for Noah (even if Noah slobbers on his cars, which so far is Adam's biggest concern).

0 comments: