Monday, April 28, 2008

Ungrateful slob

So, thanks to the nagging from my sister I realized that I've been complaining a lot about the weather. That last post about our afternoon at Sundance was quite a downer. After reading it and looking at the pictures again I'm feeling really bad about my ungrateful attitude. The fact that Phil can come home and suggest an afternoon drive and within 30 minutes we are in the middle of such a beautiful place is something to be happy about. So I just want to add that we love Sundance and the canyon and I am soooooo grateful that we can go there whenever we want . . . yadda, yadda, yadda. (Is that what you were wanting to hear from me, Kelly?)

I'm totally kidding about the yadda, yadda part. I really, really do love that we live here. Even when the air is cold and there is snow on the ground, I wouldn't trade this part of the world for anything. Of course, that's much easier to say today, when the weather guy said that it's going to be in the mid-60's today and approaching 80 degrees tomorrow. He also said that it's going to be be storming and back in the 40's and 50's starting on Wednesday, but I will still be grateful. We really are extremely blessed.

1 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

You're so awesome! I have to admit that it's much easier for me to be grateful for what I have weather-wise when it's snowing yet again ONLY because I hate the heat. You can bet I'll be complaining much louder than you when it's 90-105 degrees outside! It's just a lot easier for me to get warm in the freezing weather than to cool off in the heat. Hopefully I'll take my own advice to be grateful when the temp spikes.

Like you, I'm so happy that I live where I live. There's all sorts of things to enjoy within just a few minutes. Mountains, lakes, valleys, flat land, skiing, etc. This area has four seasons and for that I'm grateful!!