Thursday, June 19, 2008

We're off . . . almost.

Today is packing day. Phil and I leave for Dublin tomorrow and the boys are headed to grandma's for a few days before they go to Auntie Kelly's house for the duration of our trip. I have to pack, pack, pack, get the lawn taken care of since it will be neglected for the next 11 days, do some last minute shopping, clean up the house (I HATE coming home to a messy house after a vacation), get rid of any food in the fridge that might spoil, and take care of a few other things that I'm sure will come up throughout the day. I did laundry yesterday, and ran most of my errands so that's at least a few things that I don't have to worry about today. I have a softball game tonight at 6:30 that Phil said I can't go to unless the packing is done. My friends were a little worried that I wouldn't be able to go play, but I assured them that I would be there. Hopefully I will get the packing done so that Phil won't be cranky about me going to the game.

Right now though, I'm taking the boys to the park with my friend Krissy and her girls. That makes sense, doesn't it? The lawn is still a little damp anyway, so I have to wait for it to dry out and when Krissy called to see if we wanted to go, I decided that the boys could use some outside runaround time first thing this morning. Maybe that will buy me some cooperation from them as the day wears on. I think we are all going to need it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! that's going to be the funnest trip ever!! okay, probably not as fun as Haiti to pick up cute little Noah - but still - SUPER FUN!!! I couldn't possibly be more jealous - but happy for you none-the-less. Ü Have a super wonderful time - take tons of pics and can't wait to hear/read all about it when you get back. P.S. Kelly will be in our prayers too!!! hahaha!!! Ü

Amanda Miller said...

Have a great time, and I hear you on the coming home to a messy house. I hope you have a super fantastic time! Enjoy your life as a free white and 21 couple for a few days!

Kelly Hill said...

Yes, please continue to keep me in your prayers. It's day one and Noah has decided to squeak instead of sleep. We'll see how it goes.

:)