Friday, September 05, 2008

Haiti Days

I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks now. Even though I quit my job in the spring, this summer was probaly the busiest of my life. I havne' had time to do any of the things that I had planned to do once I was not longer working for a paycheck. At any rate, I guess these pictures are better late than never.

The group that built Noah's orphanage in Haiti sponsors a reunion of sorts each summer for the kids who came home from their orphanage. This was the first one that we went to and it was a lot of fun. Noah's biological cousin lives with a family just a couple of hours away from us so we got to see them and Noah was reunited with his cousin, even if it was just for the afternoon. Noah and Jordan went into the orphanage on the same day when they were both about a year old. After talking to Jordan's mom and dad I found out that they had a little girl cousin the orphanage too. I don't remember where they said she was living now, but I have her name and hopefully we will be able to make that connection at some point.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from Haiti Days on August 16:

Some of the boys launching rockets. Noah LOVED seeing them shoot way high, but he had kind of a hard time taking turns with the launcher. That seems to be a theme with him.


Adam was only interested in his Pokemon cards. I think it's official - he is totally obsessed.


Noah and his cousin Jordan.


Noah, Jordan, and his sister Savannah. She was in Noah's room at the orphanage but he didn't seem to remember either of them. They had a great time playing.

1 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Wow! I didn't even know you did this. I'm so happy for him that he was able to see some old friends and family, even if he didn't remember them. What a great thing! He's so dang cute I want to squeeze him. : )