Thursday, February 19, 2009

Uhhhhhhhhh . . .

This isn't the first time I've posted this picture of Noah's birth mother, Noah, and myself that was taken on the day we all met in Haiti. Every so often I show Noah pictures from the orphanage and talk to him about the people who took care of him there and his friends. I showed him this picture several months ago and asked him who it was. After a moment of thought, he responded with "Two mommies!" I marvelled at his brilliance and decided that even though he appears to have forgotten everything from his former life, there was obviously a hint of recognition.Fast forward to just a few days ago: I once again showed Noah this picture and our conversation went something like this:
Me: Who do you see in this picture?
Noah: It's Noah!
Me: And who else?
Noah: It's mommy!
Me: And who else?
Noah: blank stare
Me: Who is that Noah?
Noah: Uhhhhhhhhhh . . . .
Me: Do you remember who that is?
Noah: approximately 20 seconds of stone silence while he was wracking his brain
Me: Waiting patiently for his response
Noah: It's Sam!!!Remember Sam? She's a friend of mine who describes herself as the most pale skinned person ever born. I don't know that I would agree with that, but I certainly don't see the resemblance between Sam and Noah's birth mother. Further proof that this kid has a VIVID imagination.

1 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Fraggin' cracked me up!!

My new name for Sam: Sha-Nay-Nay.