Sunday, February 22, 2009

For the love of Peanut Butter

Even though we don't go to church until 1:00, I always seem to be in a mad rush to get out the door on time. That mad rush often causes me to forget that the boys need to eat lunch before we leave. This morning I was feeling pretty good about things because I remembered to offer them food before we were on our way out the door. Adam declined (he NEVER wants to eat lunch) but Noah heartily accepted the invitation (he ALWAYS wants to eat lunch - even if breakfast just ended 30 minutes ago). As if I didn't already know, I asked him what he wanted to eat. He made his usual request and within a couple of minutes I handed him a peanut butter sandwich, which also happens to be one of my favorites. As I was putting the bread and pb and j away before I headed upstairs to get myself dressed for church, Noah took a big bite and then said, mostly to himself, but audibly enough for me to hear: "This is SERIOUSLY yummy!"

Don't even try to tell me that English is his second language. How many three year olds do you know that use the word "seriously" as part of their regular repertoire?

2 comments:

A THORN AMONG ROSES said...

Hi sis! I enjoyed reading all of your postings. I can't believe how much different both boys look and it hasn't been that long (has it?). I just joined the bloggin world if you didn't know. If interested:
//athornamongroses.blogspot.com

Come see my new used home in Burley

Lori said...

I absolutely love it when little people use big words correctly! I agree, Noah. Peanut butter is seriously yummy