Sunday, June 21, 2009

Noah, Noah, Noah . . .


I thought Noah had finally overcome his biggest struggle. You know the one I'm talking about . . . his complete confusion about what the porcelain pot in the bathroom is all about. For a few months he was doing pretty well with actually going into the bathroom and aiming into the toilet before releasing his urine. Then we went to Disneyland and he rediscovered the benefits of simply not bothering with the toilet. He has wet his pants pretty much every day, sometimes multiple times a day, since we got back from our trip. One day last week after we came out of a movie and I could see him dancing, I rushed him into the bathroom. He stood there and dribbled a bit, and then pulled up his underwear before he really let loose and pee'd all over himself and the floor. I just stood there completely dumbfounded. Yesterday I took him out of the swimming pool and to the bathroom before we left for home. As we were standing outside the pool gates less than ten minutes later saying good-bye to our friends, I looked at Noah and saw liquid running down his legs and dripping off of the towel that was wrapped around him before it pooled at his feet. As a result of those incidents and several others that follow a similar theme, he and I have had some pretty intense conversations about the issue, but I really don't think I'm getting through to him. What do you think?

Top three answers that Noah gives when I ask him this question:

"Noah, why do you keep peeing in your underwear??!?"

3. Because I don't know how to be potty-trained.

2. Because I'm just a baby.

and the one that frustrates me the most . . .

1. Because I pee'd in my underwear.

I think I'm going to bang my head against the wall now. Seriously.

5 comments:

Hot Mom said...

...and the number on answer we have received from our daughter on this same issue, "because I was cold an pee is warm". She is 6 1/2 and we still struggle.

Good Luck

Julie said...

At least the warm pee thing has some logic to it. That shows me that your little girl is at least thinking about it. (But maybe that's worse. Hmmmm . . . )

I'm not sure that Noah or I will survive 'til he's 6 1/2 if he keeps this up. *sigh*

Back at ya with the "Good Luck".

A THORN AMONG ROSES said...

I have offered and offered to relieve (yes, pun intended) you of your problem. As my latest post establishes I will take him fishing and many other things. All you have to do is send him up here to Idaho! I know, I'll trade Boosie for both boys. I figure she eats about the same as them together so it is a fair swap! She has been trained now for awhile.

Kelly Hill said...

oh dear
it seems to me that he owes me a gift, that lil turkey
sorry, sis

Nathan said...

Yikes. This makes me wonder about the upcoming struggle with our little one. I guess it's time to buy stock in "Depends."