Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The Boss

Noah's favorite color is red. It has been for awhile. Whenever he has a choice (and even sometimes when he doesn't) he insists that he get the red one. Just one example: yesterday he got to bring home a balloon home from pre-school. They offered him orange, yellow, or green since that's all they had, but he threw a mini-tantrum because he wanted the red one that clearly didn't exist.


I hadn't given much thought to his fascination with red until this past week-end when he asked me if I knew why red is his favorite color. After I told him that I really had no idea but maybe it was because red is a pretty color, he responded with "No. I like red the best because it's the boss of all the other colors." Of course. I'm not sure why that hadn't occurred to me sooner.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Smart boy!, red is clearly the boss of all the other colors!

Hot Mom said...

I knew there was a reason I loved red.