Thursday, October 04, 2007

Unbelievable . . . and yet not all that surprising.

So, I just checked the DHL site again to make sure the documents were delivered. The status line for today's date says

11:12 a.m. Address Information Needed; Contact DHL customer service

What? Something so simple as delivering a document seems to be messed up. The other day somebody actually asked me if all of the delays are causing us to reconsider our decision to adopt Noah? My response at the time was simply "No. Not at all. I'm just learning a little bit more about perseverance and what it means to endure to the end." Am I aggravated about the documents? Yes. Do I wonder what kind of lesson I'm supposed to take from all of this. Sometimes I do. Am I second-guessing our decision to go to Haiti to adopt our son because of all the hang-ups that we've encountered? Not for one milli-second. Those thoughts have honestly never crossed my mind. We'll send document after document after document and do whatever else they ask us to do because I know each step is one step closer to his homecoming.

0 comments: