Friday, September 26, 2008

Now I'm REALLY Bugged

While I was on the computer just a few minutes ago checking my 401(k) that I purposely haven't looked at for months, I had the television on in the background. Oprah came on with a panel of people who were going to discuss current issues with her on today's show. Again, I was checking my 401(k) and practically watching it disappear before my eyes, when Oprah said this:
(and thanks to the beauty of DVR's, this is a direct quote)

It's being reported that Alan Fishman, CEO of Washington Mutual, is eligible . . . for $11.6 million in severance and will get to keep his $7.5 million signing bonus . . . . He's been on the job for less than three weeks.

For those of you who may not have heard, Washington Mutual was seized by the government just yesterday and then auctioned off, after the biggest bank failure in US history.

And are they really still debating whether or not these executives get to keep their millions as part of this $700 billion bailout package. Are you kidding me? I heard Henry Paulson (Secretary of the Treasury) say just the other day when he was asked about capping the compensation that these guys are getting, that the government doesn't want to make this process "punitive" for those executives. Really, are you @#$&#! kidding me?? This is the closest I have come to swearing in a very long time.

I'm going outside for some fresh air now. Thank you, dear blogger.com, for letting me rant.

0 comments: