Sunday, July 25, 2010

I don't want to see THAT!

Adam goes to swimming lessons at the rec. center twice a week. Noah and I sit in the balcony bleachers and watch his coach push him up and down the lanes and when he is done he is ready to go home and relax. At the end of the lesson, Adam will hop out of the pool, grab his towel and brush it over himself very quickly as he heads for the locker room door. We've been doing this for a few weeks now and Adam is ALWAYS waiting for Noah and I in the lobby because it takes us longer to get out of the balcony and through the women's locker room than it takes Adam to get out of the pool and through the men's locker room. That is, until his last lesson. Noah and I came out of the women's locker room and Adam was nowhere to be seen. Even though we had never had to wait for him before, I wasn't too worried, thinking that maybe he stopped in the locker room to talk to his coach or maybe he needed to go to the bathroom. After about three minutes of standing there waiting for him, the men's locker room door burst open and Adam fell into the lobby with his hand covering his eyes. I was a little perplexed so I asked him what he was doing and this is what he said:


"There were THREE naked men in there. With NOTHING on. I didn't want to look at them so I covered my eyes and then couldn't see where I was going so I kept running into everything until I FINALLY found the way out."

That caused me to laugh out loud, which clearly was not appreciated by Adam. He then said, with much irritation in his voice:

"Why are you laughing??!? It's not funny. I don't want to see THAT!"

(Side note: Why in the heck do men walk around in the buff in the locker room as if nobody is going to notice??!? When Phil first told me how common that is I was completely dumbfounded. Why do they do that? I've spent lots of time in women's locker rooms, dating all the way back to junior high,and I don't know that I've EVER seen a woman just walking around naked. It just doesn't happen. Thank goodness.)

1 comments:

Nathan said...

As a grown man, this baffles me too, and I think Adam is the wisest of us all.

No one needs to see that. No one.