Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Noah the Beautician

In my never-ending quest to get Noah to bed in one piece at the end of the day, I decided that he needed an earlier bedtime tonight for his own safety. About 30 minutes ago I coaxed him upstairs and then sat down at the computer to do a little research about Geckos (details about that will come in another post) while he got ready for bed. After just a few minutes he showed up in the computer room, all ready for bed. In his never-ending quest to delay bedtime he slithered himself up onto my chair and since I was in the middle of reading I didn't object. Before I knew it he was playing with my hair and the thought occurred to me that I could maybe use his aversion to bed to my favor so I sent him into the other room to get a brush. Surprised that I was going to maybe give him a reprieve on going to bed, he was more than willing to fetch the brush.


As I'm typing this, Noah is "doing" my hair. A few minutes ago he declared that he was going to make me beautiful. I was enjoying the mother/son bonding and feeling more relaxed with each brush stroke, and then my dear, sweet youngest child had to go and finish his thought by adding "You will be beautiful and nobody will recognize you."

I'm suddenly reminded that it's wayyy past his bedtime.

3 comments:

G'ma L said...

Remember "Kids say the darndest things" ? This would make the top quote. PS: You are beautiful even without hair........

Hot Mom said...

Sorry to laugh out loud at your expense, but it is kind of funny.

The Good News said...

That was hysterical. Much laughter was had by Matthew and me on your behalf. Sorry.